How to File for Social Security Disability Benefits.
You can file on-line, in person, or in our office for Social Security disability benefits. Getting an appointment at your local Social Security Office can take up to ninety days. The process can be frustrating. We can help you file for your disability benefits online to get your process started. It is important to know that in SSI (Social Security Income) cases, your benefits will only begin the first day of the month after you apply. In Social Security Disability Income Benefits cases (SSD) you must prove that you became disabled within a short period of time after you stop working. If you are thinking about applying for disability benefits – do not delay! We are here to help you get started. Make an appointment with us today!
What You Need to File Your Social Security Disability Claim
In order to complete your claim for Social Security disability benefits, you need to have a number of items:
- Your name, address, phone number, and Social Security number
- The names of your doctors, clinics, and Emergency Room visits for the last two years
- Your work history for the last fifteen years
- Dates and locations of your marriages and divorces that lasted ten years
- Names and birthdates of children under eighteen